I have been using wordpress for last 2 month now to build my website. Although its the best in the market today, as compared to drupal/joombla, I find the following limitations.
- As we search for themes/plugins, there is no way to sort/filter on ratings and # of ratings. We have to go into each details link to figure it out.
- Its has not been tested for your version of wordpress, is another pain, why show me something that is not tested for my wordpress ?
- The Details site of all the plugins are not all good. Some are really good and some are really bad, they just link to the developers site that has absolutely no information on how to get started. For example FoCal plugin, it took me a while to know that it is a widget and not a [focal] entry into the page. Painful getting started, and wordpress allows them to post their plugins with bad documentation. There should be some quality control on wordpress posting site.
- Many dont have screen shots, so thats really bad. Have to try it out to get it working.
- Bad naming convention, the word “custom” is so misused. On pages we have a “template”, which we can decide with, why cant we do it for posts ? I am using Graphene theme, THE ABSOLUTE BEST, I have after trying out 15. I just cant search for custom template for posts, and if do get something that sounds relevant, it wont work, custom will mean something else.
WordPress is good, but has its own piece of issues. I hope wordpress is hearing, they should be able to fix these 5 issues very easily.