Objective : of this exercise is to allow svn server access from my broadband connection at home.
Hardware Setup : BSNL twisted pair telephone connection, connected to a ADSL router. The ADSL router is connected to a Linksys wifi router. I plan to put a UTM device between the ADSL and Linksys. But thats for later.
ADSL has a external IP and a internal IP
Linksys router has a external IP and a internal IP
The choice I have is to create 1 subnet between my ADSL and Linksys and 1 subnet between Linksys and laptops/desktops. But thats for later. I rather have one subnet for ADSL, Linksys and my desktops/laptops.
The choice is to have DHCP configured, but thats for later :).
You see what I am doing here, I am focusing on just getting the following test thru.
1) svnserve -d running on desktop with ip 10.0.0.20. By default it runs on 3690.
2) Create a repository “svnrepository”
3) Import a “test” project to the repository
1) svn list svn:\\10.0.0.20\svnrepository, Result expected “test” should be listed as a project.
2) svn list svn:\\\snvrepository, Result expected “test”, that is if the linksys router is correctly.
3) svn list svn:\\\svnrepository, Result expected “test”, that is if the linksys router is correctly.
4) svn list svn:\\\svnrepository, Result expected “test”, that is if the linksys and ADSL router are correctly.
5) svn list svn:\\\svnrepository, Result expected “test”, that is if the linksys and ADSL router correctly.
I can use http:\\ping.eu website to test if svn port 3690 is open on my network (the ip address is the external ip of the ADSL router).
Why do I call the ADSL as a router, and not a modem. Look it up on wikipedia. ADSL is a router, since it has DNS, DHCP, NAT and other router capabilities. A modem is a simple modulator/demodulator. Just so that I use the correct technical terminology.
– The ADSL router I have does not expose the port forwarding interface to its configuration http page. So I have to telnet to it :).
– The linksys router has more configuration than just port forwarding, I need to read up and get the funda’s right here.